Friday, February 17

They Are Not Just A Jewish Rebel Army..

A couple of weeks back I went to see an indie rock band called The Maccabees. I hadn't really listened to their music before but I had heard them on the soundtrack for Angus,Thongs & Perfect Snogging playing their song "Toothpaste Kisses". I bought the band's first two albums only a week or so beforehand so I had a better idea of what they would be playing. The concert was held in a small bar/theatre/drama type place, I don't really know how to describe it. I had never been to a gig in such a close environment before. I felt like if some massive disaster happened and we never saw anybody else apart from the people there I would be fine with that because they were my type of people. Individuals with individuality. I went with my friends and my mummy(we were too young to go by ourselves). I think it was the best concert I've ever been to.  They finished the night by playing Grew Up At Midnight and you could feel the crowd really coming together. Afterwords the floor was really sticky, it was carpet and I think people had spilled tonnes of beer so your feet felt that they were sticking to the floor and you had to put some real effort into picking your feet off of the ground.  To be honest, it was one of the best nights of life. 

 Their newest album is called Given To The Wild. You can buy it here!

This is a link to the video i took myself. Likes are appreciated. :) 
The Maccabees playing First Love - sorry it's a bit jumpy, I took it myself.



This is my favourite picture i took, it's also my laptop background. :)


Lily Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment