Wednesday, February 15

We Drink Tonight...

My mum's friend sent her this CD for Christmas which they had made themselves. The tracks are really good although some aren't really the type of music I like to listen to. There is one song on the CD which makes me feel really happy every time I hear it. It's called Elephant Gun by an indie folk band called Beirut. Although the lyrics are sad and about escaping a POW camp, (I think) the melody is just so joyful. I like to listen to it all the time it's so addictive.

I think that it's the type of song that you'd hear in the background of a film during a wedding scene. Maybe this song will be my first dance in my wedding but that's a long way off from now. I can't express how cheerful and lovely this song is. The video is also quite extraordinary, you couldn't think of anything like it. It's even been listed as the 30th  best music videos from 2000-2009 by Paste, whoever they are. Here is the link to the video :)

No comments:

Post a Comment